New York, New York









Just a quick post from me today to let you know about my love of New York.  I've not had the opportunity to travel to very many places around the world but have been to New York twice as my FiancĂ©e's sister lives over there with her American husband and Son.

My favourite thing about the city is the hidden little tourist free streets that you stumble across while walking round.  Taxis are quick and surprisingly inexpensive and the tour buses are a great way of seeing the larger tourist spots but I would recommend spending some time wandering around and seeing where you get to.

Jack and I actually got lost and ended up spending a good part of one of our days in the city walking from one end of Manhattan to another!  Our feet were sore by the time we got back but it is one part of the trip I will never forget.  We had such a good time exploring together and seeing spots that the bus never would have taken us.  Time Square is amazing, as is the Empire State Building and 'Top of the Rock' experience but there's hidden treasures in every city and I would recommend spending some time seeing what you can discover.

If you are lucky enough to visit New York I would also recommend trying to find the time to venture out of the City.  Jack's sister and her husband took us for a day out in the Hamptons where they spend there summer and it's like nowhere I've ever been before.  I wish I had this blog when I went - there were so many pretty photo spots!  By the end of the day we found ourselves thinking $5 million dollars for a summer house was reasonable, we really got sucked into the environment!  If you're into fish there were hundreds of amazing restaurants looking over the water by the beach, it was a truly relaxing place to be and such a contrast from the city.

The last place that I have to mention is Long Island.  If you can, catch a train (for usually around £10) to long island and have a look around some of the towns.  There's some gorgeous places to shop and eat in the quieter spots and well worth having a day trip further out if you're able to.

Have you ever been to New York?  What was your favourite spot?  Where would you like to visit next? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter!



No comments